1/2 batch SweetStacks batter (1 cup SweetStacks pancake mix, 1 egg, 2/3 cup milk, 3 TBL oil)
1 lb pitted dark sweet cherries (you can also use frozen if absolutely necessary)
1/4 cup sugar
4 TBL butter
1/4 cup bourbon or kirsch
1/4 tsp salt
2 TBL lemon juice (about 1/2 of medium sized lemon)
zest of 1/2 medium sized lemon
1. Make 1/2 batch of SweetStacks pancake and waffle mix, combining mix, egg, milk and oil.
2. Once batter is combined fold in lemon zest and pour batter into iron for waffles. Set aside done waffles to cool.
3. In a medium/large saucepan melt 3 T butter on low heat
4. After butter is completely melted add pitted cherries, sugar and salt, stirring occasionally for about 3-5 minutes.
5. Add bourbon or kirsch and stir occasionally for 4-6 minutes or until liquor is cooked down.
6. Add lemon juice and butter bringing pan to low heat and stirring often.
7. Serve hot Cherries Jubilee over waffles and accompany with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Recipe created and photographed by our niece Alexis Y. Chan.