1 1/2 cup SweetStacks Mix
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup apple sauce (if you don’t have this then just use 3 T oil)
2/3 cup apple cider (if you don’t have apple cider you can use pressed apple juice)
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon (sometimes I like to add a sprinkle bit more too!)
Maple Cranberry Compote
2 cup fresh cranberries
2/3 cup water
1/3 cup maple syrup
Splash of Bourbon (only if you want but you should just do it.)
1. Combine SweetStacks mix, egg, milk, apple sauce(or oil) and apple cider.
2. Mix in nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon.
3. Make waffles!
1. In a medium saucepan or pot bring to a boil on medium heat, the cranberries, water and maple syrup.
2. Once boiling add bourbon and stir occasionally while crushing the cranberries. Reduce to low heat.
3. After about 7-10 minutes let compote rest for 5 minutes and serve warm on waffles!
*Side Note: I like to serve these family style with a giant stack of waffles and a heaping portion of the compote on
top. It’s just more fun and pretty to look at. :)
Recipe created and photographed by Alexis Y. Chan.